submit to the M5 Assignment 2 a mock forensic assessment report based on a patient in a selected vignette. Provide your diagnostic impressions based on the DSM-5 criteria.
Complete the following:
- Improve your interview and referral questions for the case vignette you selected in M1 Assignment 3.
Using this case vignette, add to your referral questions by integrating the feedback that you received from your instructor in M4 Assignment 2 on your mock interview questions and formulated hypothesis on why the individual needs the referral.
Example Referral Questions:
- As a forensic mental health professional, what factors do you need to consider in your psychological testing for the forensic assessment report?
- What are the pertinent multicultural consideration?
- What behavioral observations do you make about the client by reading the case vignette?
- What are your assessment options in working with the client?
- What standard and accepted psychological tests might you apply to your client in a forensic setting? Select from the instruments you researched in M3 Assignment 2 RA.
- How will you recognize and evaluate your client’s offender behaviors associated with malingering and deception?
- What theoretical orientation do you want to use in this case for your treatment recommendations?
- What is the case scenario that you have selected?
- What is the reason for referral?
- What is the purpose of the forensic assessment and report?
- What is the nature of the problem presented in your selected case vignette?
- What is the context in which the forensic assessment report will be used?
- What is the background of your client? What are the symptoms displayed by your client and their significance in this case?
- What is the mental status of your client? Be sure to elaborate on every major component addressed in the mental status examination.
- What interview type and approach did you use with your client?
- What tests are appropriate to use in your forensic assessment report? Identify one intelligence test, one objective personality test, and one projective test.
- What collateral information will you use in the process of the evaluation?
- How will you present your impressions of the client?
- Revise your copy of Forensic Mental Health Professional Individual Assessment Report on the basis of your instructorâs feedback.
Using the Forensic Mental Health Professional Individual Assessment Report template that you downloaded for M4 Assignment 2, revise your evaluation and interpretation of the information provided to you in the case vignette that you selected. Synthesize the information you collected to create a forensic mental health professional individual assessment report. Your findings should be in a report format.
In a 10- to 12-page report, include only the following components:
- Reason for Referral: Explain the objective of your case vignette analysis, clearly bringing out the aspects or reasons that motivated you to carry out the study.
- Presentation: Create mock interview data and collateral information (you are to identify the questions to ask in the interview). Provide a synopsis of the interview. To support the mental status of your client, provide data based on your forensic assessment report and the mental status components you have identified.
- Current Life Situation and Background Information: Explain the problem provided in your selected case vignette using the interview and mental status data. How does the data relate to the background and multicultural characteristics of your client and your behavioral observations?
- Objective Testing: Identify the assessment instruments you would recommend to evaluate the client and explain the rationale for your recommendations. Describe the objective tests you have selected and their use. How did you apply these tests to your selected case vignette? According to your study, what is your analysis of the symptoms displayed by your client? What ethical and multicultural issues do you need to address? You will apply what you have learned from M3 Assignment 2 RA to this section.
- Provide your diagnostic impressions based on DSM-5 criteria. What is your principal diagnosis? What is your secondary diagnosis? Are there other conditions that may be the focus of clinical attention to consider?
- Conclusion and Recommendations: What is your hypothesis after taking into account the mental status examination, the interview, personality tests, and the symptom analysis? Explain your hypothesis and substantiate it using instances from your case study. Discuss your results with conclusions and recommendations.
The final version of Forensic Mental Health Professional Individual Assessment Report should contain all the assigned components and the corresponding information and include revisions and improvements based on your feedback from M4 Assignment 2.
Synthesize the data and write a reflection statement in 2â3 pages.
In a separate document, address the following:
- Describe your professional role and relationship with the court and the third party requesting the assessment or evaluation.
- Explain the hypothesis you have formulated.
- Explain why you chose the tests for the assessment of the client.
- Discuss potential ethical dilemmas that might arise in your assessment of the client.
- Discuss the pertinent multicultural perspectives you considered.
- Explain how you would prepare yourself to defend your evaluation in the court setting or to relevant third parties. Be sure to support your explanation with professional literature.
- If you recommended treatment for your client, discuss the evidence-based approaches used with the disorder you diagnosed.
- Discuss the influence of cultural factors on the assessment process.
Your final deliverables are:
- A selected case vignette
- A list of interview and referral questions
- The assessment template
- The final assessment report
- A reflection statement
Your report and reflection statement combined should be approximately 12â15 pages. You are to utilize outside resources in your reflection statement only.
All written assignments and responses should follow APA rules for attributing sources.