Problems need to include all required steps and answer(s) for full credit. All answers need to be reduced to lowest terms where possible.
Answer the following problems showing your work and explaining (or analyzing) your results. Submit your work in a typed Microsoft Word document.
1. The final exam scores listed below are from one section of MATH 200. How many scores were within one standard deviation of the mean? How many scores were within two standard deviations of the mean?
99 34 86 57 73 85 91 93 46 96 88 79 68 85 89
2. The scores for math test #3 were normally distributed. If 15 students had a mean score of 74.8% and a standard deviation of 7.57, how many students scored above an 85%?
3. If you know the standard deviation, how do you find the variance?
4. To get the best deal on a stereo system, Louis called 8 out of 20 appliance stores in his neighborhood and asked for the cost of a specific model. The prices he was quoted are listed below:
$216 $135 $281 $189 $218 $193 $299 $235
Find the standard deviation.
5. A company has 70 employees whose salaries are summarized in the frequency distribution below.
a. Find the standard deviation.
b. Find the variance.
6. Calculate the mean and variance of the sample data set provided below. Show and explain your steps. Round to the nearest tenth.
14, 16, 7, 9, 11, 13, 8, 10
7. Create a frequency distribution table for the number of times a number was rolled on a die. (It may be helpful to print or write out all of the numbers so none are excluded.)
3, 5, 1, 6, 1, 2, 2, 6, 3, 4, 5, 1, 1, 3, 4, 2, 1, 6, 5, 3, 4, 2, 1, 3, 2, 4, 6, 5, 3, 1
8. Answer the following questions using the frequency distribution table you created in No. 7.
a. Which number(s) had the highest frequency?
b. How many times did a number of 4 or greater get thrown?
c. How many times was an odd number thrown?
d. How many times did a number greater than or equal to 2 and less than or equal to 5 get thrown?
9. The wait times (in seconds) for fast food service at two burger companies were recorded for quality assurance. Using the data below, find the following for each sample.
b. Standard deviation
Lastly, compare the two sets of results.
10.What does it mean if a graph is normally distributed? What percent of values fall within 1, 2, and 3, standard deviations from the mean?
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more