Philosophy of Nursing Scholarly Paper
A philosophy of nursing is a written paper declaring a nurse’s beliefs, values, and ethical considerations regarding their practice of nursing. The purpose of this paper is to provide you with the opportunity to reflect on your nursing care and treatment of patients and how you see yourself as a practicing nurse and an individual. You will find that your nursing philosophy is dynamic, growing as you grow personally and professionally.
Write a scholarly paper using the following:
- Discuss your professional belief system of nursing. This will include broad statements of your values and beliefs that propose the nature and concerns of nursing and its moral obligations to society.
- Use the nursing theory you chose for the nursing theory PowerPoint. Explain the theory and how your values and beliefs are guided by the theory.
- Provide your definition of nursing based on your personal belief system and nursing theory.
- Give at least two examples of how you apply your definition of nursing to your nursing practice.
- The scholarly paper should be in narrative format, no more than three (3)pages in length excluding the title and reference pages. An abstract is not needed. Include an introductory paragraph and a conclusion.
- Include Level 1 headings to organize the paper (see below).
- This scholarly paper is intended to include first person formatting, with statements such as “Ibelieve…” or “My values include…”
- Include a minimum of four (4) professional peer-reviewed scholarly journal references, professional organizations, or government websites to support the paper. At least two (2) of the four (4) references are current peer reviewed journal articles.References must be no greater than five (5) years old unless considered a “classic source”.
- APA format is required (attention to spelling/grammar, a title page, a reference page, and citations).
- Review your Turnitin Similarity Score and make any needed changes.If the score is greater than 20%, you must revise the paper prior to submission. A Turnitin Similarity Score of 20% or less is required by the RN to BSN Program.
Title of Paper
(Note: Here you will write your introductory paragraph but do not label it as Introduction)
My Personal Belief System and/or Worldwide View of Nursing (Note: Choose one or the other, or both)
Nursing Theory Best Matching My Values and Beliefs
My Definition of Nursing Based on My Values, Beliefs, and Nursing Theory
How I Apply My Definition of Nursing to My Practice of Nursing
Philosophy of Nursing Paper Summer 2022
|This criterion is linked to a Learning OutcomeValues and Beliefs||50 ptsExcellentClear, concise discussion and reflection of values and beliefs important to nursing.40 ptsMeets ExpectationsClear overview of some values and beliefs important to nursing, but not reflective; or unclear values and beliefs important to nursing, somewhat reflective.30 ptsNeeds ImprovementMinimal discussion of values and beliefs.0 ptsNo MarksIncomplete or confusing. Values and beliefs not addressed.||50 pts|
|This criterion is linked to a Learning OutcomeNursing Theory||50 ptsExcellentClear, concise discussion and reflection on Nursing Theory.40 ptsMeets ExpectationsClear overview of some of the Nursing Theory.30 ptsNeeds ImprovementMinimal discussion of the overview of the Nursing Theory.0 ptsNo MarksNo overview or content.||50 pts|
|This criterion is linked to a Learning OutcomeDefinition of Nursing||50 ptsExcellentClear, concise, thorough and reflective definition of nursing.40 ptsMeets ExpectationsClear definition of nursing, but not reflective; or reflective but not clearly defined.30 ptsNeeds ImprovementNursing minimally addressed or defined.0 ptsIncomplete or confusing. Definition of nursing not addressed||50 pts|
|This criterion is linked to a Learning OutcomeApplication to Nursing Practice||50 ptsClear, concise definition and discussion of concepts important to nursing and how they interrelate with a reflection of concepts into students professional practice.40 ptsOverview of some concepts important to nursing not clear or concise.30 ptsMinimal discussion of concepts important to nursing.0 ptsIncomplete or confusing.||50 pts|
|This criterion is linked to a Learning OutcomeReferences||25 ptsA minimum of four (4) professional references are used. At least two references are current peer reviewed journal articles. The textbook, professional organizations, and/ or government websites are used for the other two (2 ) references.15 ptsA minimum of three (3) professional references are used. At least two references are current peer reviewed journal articles. The textbook, professional organization, and/ or government website is the other reference.5 ptsA minimum of two (2) professional references are used. References are current0 ptsResources are not mentioned and no reference citations||25 pts|
|This criterion is linked to a Learning OutcomeGrammar, Style, and APA||25 ptsProper grammar, spelling, and APA formatting. Zero to two (2) errors.15 ptsContains minor errors in grammar, spelling and/or APA formatting and citations. 3 to 4 errors5 ptsContains multiple errors in grammar, spelling, and or in APA formatting of citations and references. 5 to 6 errors0 ptsLacks proper grammar or APA citations; contains multiple misspelled words.||25 pts|
|This criterion is linked to a Learning OutcomeLate Submission||0 pts12.5 points per day will be deducted for each day up until five (5) days past the due date. Course work received over five (5) days past the due date will receive a zero (0)0 ptsSubmitted on time||0 pts|
|Total Points: 250|